Knowledge Discovery in Databases
- KDD) is a new area of research that combines many algorithms and techniques used in artificial intelligence, statistics, databases, machine learning, etc.
Distributed Knowledge Systems
- Knowledge acquisition happens from a diversity of sources often geographically distributed. The set of agents comprising these entities collectively possesses knowledge that no single agent possesses.
- Application of advanced image processing techniques in medical images for object segmentation, tumor detection, fracture classification, ect.
- Biologically interesting discoveries using computational methods, such as biomedical signal and image processing, neural networks, pattern recognition, classification and clustering in medical data.
- Multimedia data usually manifests itself in diverse forms such as text, images, voice, graphics, and video, which needs to be stored and managed. Such composition brings new requirements and issues compared to traditional DBMSs.